Covid19 outbreak is a global threat and, first of all, we hope that you and your families are fine. The LARAM team is fine and we hope to meet students and lecturers again in person as soon as possible.
Also this year the LARAM School (www.laram.unisa.it) will take the occasion to teach and be together with the students. We will simply do in a different way.
We reshaped the traditional schedule of the School, with the lectures and the other activities comprised in the time window from 13:00 to 19:30 in Italian Summer time (=UTC+2).
Dates: 7-18 September 2020
Compared to traditional LARAM School Editions, it will be unchanged:
· the international application call
· the selection among applicants
· final certificate of attendance to the students
· mandatory, interactive participation of the students (to receive the end of the School certificate)
· 40 selected PhD students
· 10 registered Young Doctors (PhD defended not before 2015)
The programme of the School will consist of 5-hour daily lectures and end-of-day test. The programme is structured in the following sessions:
· S1, Introduction to landslides
· S2, Landslide risk theory
· S3, Landslide modelling
· S4, International experiences
· S5, Landslide risk analysis and zoning
· S6, Landslide monitoring and mitigation
· S7, Landslide risk management and risk governance
Deadline for application: Monday 29 June 2020
More information on the LARAM website: http://www.laram.unisa.it/school/2020online/2020online