The journal Géotechnique is hosting an event on the 27th October 2023 at the Institution of Civil Engineers in London to celebrate its 75th anniversary. We wish to gather the geotechnical community to cherish Géotechnique’s past research and look forward, to future fundamental and applied research.
The day is organised around three main themes:
- Theme 1 – Soil micromechanics: from surface physics and chemistry to macro engineering applications
- Theme 2 – Bio-assisted geotechnics: effective strategy in a Net Zero Carbon World?
- Theme 3 – Artificial Intelligence in geotechnics: virtual dream or practical reality?
Each theme session will include:
- Introductory Lecture offering a multidisciplinary perspective of the research theme (Lecturers are Prof Carlos Santamarina, Prof Glyn Bengough, and Prof Darren Wilkinson)
- Géotechnique Research Lecture to cherish the past and look forward to the future (Lecturers are Prof Catherine O’Sullivan, Prof Jason DeJong and Prof Antonio Correia)
- Poster session (10 posters per theme)